Adult IST Nurse Case Manager, 215
Posted on 02.11.2013
Education: Associates/Bachelors Degree with course work or experience in the areas of cultural diversity, human development, etiology and treatment of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse, physical and sexual abuse, suicide, and mental retardation. Registered Nurse certification with Associates degree.
Experience: Associates/Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university. Experience in psychiatric nursing preferred. Computer experience is helpful.
Physical: Exposure to biological hazards. Hearing of normal and soft tones. Close eye work. Frequent exposure to unpleasant odors. Lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 150 lbs. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Provides nursing services for clients with mental health and co-occurring diagnosis.
- At scheduled medication appointment, vitals for target population will be performed. RN will provide medication, training and support. RN will determine client’s height, weight, blood pressure, allergies to medications, side effects of psychotropic medications and effectiveness of medications being prescribed, administers intramuscular injections, orients nursing students (if applicable).
- RN will provide ongoing daily support to all prescribers in relation to any client’s needs. RN will facilitate care coordination between the doctor, pharmacy, clinician and parent and/or guardian regarding medication needs/refills.
- RN will ensure compliance with productivity standards set by the program coordinator. RN will provide crisis intervention and emergency services as needed.
- RN will embrace the key values of clinical services: empowerment, normalization, rehabilitation, and continuity of care, as well as to adhere to HRMC policy and procedures.
- RN provides case management services to assist individuals in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services; provides rehabilitation and support for client population; serves as a clinical specialist for medication management issues; psychiatric monitoring; provides information, education, and referral, agency linkage, advocacy, and follow-up services, and coordination of care; utilizes center-wide and community resources as needed for client benefit; embraces the key values of case management: empowerment, normalization, rehabilitation, and continuity of care.
HRMC is an EOE. HRMC conducts Background Checks, Drivers License Record, Degree Verification, and Drug Screens at hire. Employment is contingent upon clean drug screen, background check and driving record. Additionally, certain programs are subject to TB Screening and/or Testing.