Prevention Specialist, 124
Posted on 10.23.2012
• Support youth and community program activities and events.
• Assist in coordination and delivery of coalition (youth) activities.
• Perform outreach duties per programmatic requirements.
• Implement and deliver coalition activities per strategic plan and contract requirements.
• Maintain records and sign-in sheets as required.
• Document and report daily, weekly, monthly activities per contractual requirements.
• Attend trainings and meetings as required.
• BHT or able to meet requirement with a combination of education and prevention work experience.
• Knowledge of science-based prevention models including the risk and protective factors and the community mobilization framework.
• Experience in working with high risk youth populations and community members.
• Knowledge of behavioral health managed care principles and practices.
• Valid Arizona Drivers license in good standing.
• Able to become CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Able to become fingerprint certified in accordance with Arizona Department of Public Safety requirements.
• Ability to interact well verbally to the general public by portraying critical thinking and communicating a positive attitude.
• Flexibility and ability to work evenings and weekends if the Program Manager deems it necessary to achieve the objectives of the program.
• Willing to work with all cultures and sub-cultures that comprise the population of Maricopa County in a non-judgmental and value clear manner.
• Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish required.