Senior Director of Crisis Services, 135
Posted on 12.10.2012
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Effectively uses data to proactively manage the crisis team(s) and improve services.
2. Develops, reviews, updates, and maintains current program policies and procedures for State Licensing, specific contracts, and governmental regulations.
3. Oversees departmental hiring and termination policies and practices in conjunction with Human Resources.
4. Available 24/7 by cell phone, and responds promptly.
5. Responsible for ensuring contracts compliance.
6. As a member of the Mortality Review Committee, assists in identifying trends and solutions to minimize agency liability.
1. Supervises, evaluates, and develops Crisis Management staff maximizing management team talents.
2. Holds staff accountable in a timely manner, coaching and instructing as appropriate.
3. Documents performance of staff in a timely manner and proactively coordinates with Human Resources.
4. Ensure that crisis program staff are trained and utilizing the most effective evidence-based practices.
5. Ensure that crisis program staff can access the most up-to-date community resources.
6. Works closely with program managers to set individual service delivery expectations and goals to ensure maximizing receipt of contract dollars.
7. Collaborates with Crisis Management team to improve the culture of safety.
Community Relations & Business Development
1. Actively seeks new and creative opportunities to expand or create crisis services.
2. Collaborates with Connect-to-Care manager in marketing and obtaining hospital contracts.
3. Maintains very close relationship with key staff at all funding agencies and with community stakeholders, as evidenced by making direct visits and telephone contacts.
4. Provides a dynamic, engaging and participatory presentation style.
5. Professionally and actively represents TERROS in a positive, solution-focused manner in all community and stakeholder meetings.
1. Assists in budget preparation and manages services within budget.
2. Makes and authorizes program and staff purchases.
3. Works with the billing department to ensure accurate, timely and complete submission of services rendered.
• Independently licensed in behavioral health through the Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
• 2-4 years of providing supervision in a behavioral health setting and experience.
• Masters Degree in related field of Behavioral Health.