Referral Billing Specialist, 140
Posted on 01.14.2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive record & distribute all new referrals within 1 hr of receipt. Research missing information, contacting CPS caseworker if necessary
• Enter demographic information for new referrals accurately into Families F.I.R.S.T. databases on date of receipt of referral.
• Prepare electronic chart for billing when all information is received ensuring all documents and documentation are included.
• Fax referral to collaborator immediately upon receipt if the client is a minor.
• Update the client list daily and distribute.
• Attend Family First meetings as needed or requested by Families F.I.R.S.T. Business Lead or Director of Billing & Claims.
• Insure data is updated by the 10th of the month prior to monthly billing to aid in assuring accuracy of the billing to DES .
• Keep Business Manager and Director of Billing informed of anything that may affect ability to accurately or timely obtain needed data or complete monthly billing.
• Performs outreach as needed. i.e., Contact client to schedule appt.
• Prefer 1-year behavioral health or healthcare billing.
• Experience in specific area of work applied for such as healthcare services, customer service and medical records.
• Demonstrated customer service.